The Pea Puffer is a great snail munching machine! This puffer is 100% freshwater and perfect for planted tanks!
- Scientific Name: Carinotetraodon travancoricus
- Common Name: Dwarf Puffer, Pygmy Puffer
- Geographic Origin: Asia, India
- Habitat: Right at home in a heavily planted tank
- Gender Difference: Females are more rounded
- Breeding: Egg Scatterer
- Temperament: Can be fin nippers but they are small!
- Maximum Size: 1″
- Temperature: 71 – 82 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 6.0 – 8
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: These fish do great in groups or a trio
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula.