The Zebra Nerite Snail is not only super cool but is an extremely efficient algae eater!
A very easy species to keep as long as good water quality is maintained.
- Scientific Name: Neritina natalensis
- Common Name: Zebra Nerite Snail, Tiger Nerite, Zebra Snail
- Habitat: The Zebra Nerite Snail can handle almost any community tank environment. As with any snail species a medium to high water hardness is recommended to keep their shells looking great.
- Gender Difference: Difficult to sex
- Breeding: Will lay eggs in an aquarium but the babies have a larval stage that requires brackish water.
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Maximum Size: .5″-1″
- Temperature: 72 – 78 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 7.2-8.5
- Water Hardness: Medium to Hard
- Water Region: Bottom and anywhere it can climb
- How many?: We recommend at least Olive Nerite Snail per 5 gallons of water for algae control.
- Diet: Herbivore – Will consume most types of algae.