We recommend keeping either one pair or a small group of these wonderful fish!
Our Aphyosemion australe ‘Orange’ Killie are locally tank raised and only sold in Pairs. The price is for a pair (2) of fish (1 Male and 1 Female)
- Scientific Name: Aphyosemion australe var. ‘orange’
- Common Name: Orange Australe, Cape Lopez Lyretail
- Geographic Origin: Africa
- Habitat: Right at home in a planted tank
- Gender Difference: Adult males are an intense Orange color
- Breeding: Mop Spawner
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 2.4″
- Temperature: 70°F – 75°F
- pH: 5.5 – 6.5 (can be kept higher if your not trying to breed them)
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Top, middle
- How many?: Unlike many other types of Killie Fish these guys don’t mind being kept in groups.
- Diet: Omnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula or a powdered food.