The Apistogramma cacatuoides “double red” is a wonderful fish to watch and breed! It’s the perfect companion fish for Discus, Angelfish or almost any community aquarium.
- Scientific Name: Apistogramma cacatuoides
- Common Name: Apistogramma cacatuoides “double red”, Double Full Red Cockatoo Cichlid, Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid, Big Mouth Apistogramma
- Geographic Origin: South America
- Habitat: Almost any type of aquarium is suitable for these wonderful creatures. They Love a planted tank!
- Gender Difference: Females are less colorful and are slightly smaller than males.
- Breeding: Lays eggs in caves.
- Temperament: Peaceful but territorial
- Maximum Size: 3″
- Temperature: 72-86 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Water Hardness: Very Soft to Soft
- Water Region: Bottom to Middle
- How many?: They do well in pairs. Larger aquariums can support multiple groups
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest NLS Cichlid pellets and freeze dried foods.
More wonderful information about Apistogramma cacatuoides “double red” can be found here