The Checkerboard Barb that you will receive have been at our facility for at least 1 month.
- Scientific Name: Oliotius oligolepis
- Common Name: Checkerboard Barb, Checkered Barb
- Geographic Origin: Sri Lanka
- Habitat: Right at home in a heavily planted tank
- Gender Difference: Males are smaller and more colorful
- Breeding: Egg Scatterer
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 1.8″
- Temperature: 64- 78 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 5.5 – 7.5
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: These fish prefer to live in schools. A group of 6 or more is best.
- Diet: Omnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula.