The Roseline Shark that you will receive has been at our facility for at least 1 month. They will be approximately 2″- 3″. As with all of our fish we make sure they are eating pellet foods and are free of diseases before we sell them. The Roseline Sharks that we have been getting in for years now have all been farm raised in India. They are extremely healthy and full of energy.
Although it is on the higher end of their temperature range, many of our customers keep them in their discus aquariums with great success! Make sure to supply an adequate amount of oxygen with lots of live plants!
- Scientific Name:(Puntius denisonii) Sahyadria denisonii
- Common Name: Roseline shark, Denison’s barb, Red line torpedo barb, Bleeding eye barb
- Geographic Origin: India
- Habitat: Right at home in a heavily planted tank
- Gender Difference: Unknown at this time
- Breeding: Egg Scatterer
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 6″
- Temperature: 65 – 79 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 6.8 – 7.8
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: These fish prefer to live in schools. A group of 6 or more is best.
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula.