The Black Neon Tetra is a great community fish. They should be kept in groups of 8 – 10 or more.
The Paracheirodon innesi is a great beginner fish that will add a ton of color to your aquarium!
The Black Neon Tetra adds a wonderful contrast to your community tank.
- Scientific Name: Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi
- Common Name: Black Neon Tetra
- Geographic Origin: South America
- Habitat: Right at home in a planted tank
- Gender Difference: Females are slightly larger than males
- Breeding: Egg Scatterer
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 1.5″
- Temperature: 68°F – 83°F
- pH: 5 – 7.5
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: Large groups of 8 or more is ideal
- Diet: Omnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula