We recommend adding the Chili Rasbora to your aquarium in groups of 6 or more.
These fish have been at our facility for at least 1 month. As with all of our fish we make sure they are eating pellet foods and are free of diseases before we sell them. In-fact, all of our fish are quarantined for at least 1 -2 weeks before being sold!
The Chili Rasbora that we sell are the species Boraras brigittae
- Scientific Name: Boraras brigittae
- Common Name: Chili Rasbora
- Geographic Origin: Asia: southern Borneo, Indonesia.
- Habitat: Right at home in a planted tank
- Gender Difference: Adult males are more intensely red
- Breeding: Egg Scatterer
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 1.3″
- Temperature: 77 – 82 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 6.5 – 7.0
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium Hard
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: These fish prefer to live in schools. A group of 6 or more is best.
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula or a powdered food.