The Congo Tetra should be kept in groups of 3 or more (8 is ideal).
The Phenacogrammus interruptus is a robust community fish that will add color in your aquarium!
- Scientific Name: Phenacogrammus interruptus
- Common Name: Congo Tetra
- Geographic Origin: Africa
- Habitat: Right at home in a planted tank
- Gender Difference: Adult males are an intense Red color
- Breeding: Spawns on the undersides of large leaves
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 3″
- Temperature: 73°F – 82°F
- pH: 6 – 8
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: Large groups of 8 or more is ideal
- Diet: Omnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula