This Dwarf Gourami is is the “wild form” variation. Both males (colorful) and females are available.
- Scientific Name: Trichogaster lalius
- Common Name: Dwarf Gourami, orange/turquoise Dward Gourami
- Geographic Origin: Antitank, India, Bangladesh
- Habitat: Almost any type of aquarium is suitable for these wonderful creatures. They Love a planted tank!
- Gender Difference: Males are a deep red with blue stripes and females are tan/gray color.
- Breeding: Bubble Nest Builder
- Temperament: Peaceful but territorial towards other males of its kind
- Maximum Size: 3.5″
- Temperature: 72-82 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Water Hardness: Very Soft to Soft
- Water Region: Middle to Top
- How many?: Groups of 3 or more of similar sized fish
- Diet: Omnivore ~ We recommend and feed NLS Small Fish Formula