The Electric Blue Acara, is a extremely vibrant color form of the Blue Acara (Andinoacara pulcher). It is rumored that the “Electric Blue” strain was created from a hybridization of a Blue Acara and an Electric Blue Ram.
- Scientific Name: Andinoacara pulcher; (Nannacara sp. Neon blue); (Aequidens Pulcher)
- Common Name: Electric Blue Acara,
- Geographic Origin: South and Central America
- Habitat: 30 Gallon or Larger Aquarium with appropriately sized friends.
- Breeding: Lays eggs and cares for fry.
- Temperament: Mildly aggressive
- Maximum Size: 4″
- Temperature: 74-84 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 5.5 – 7.5
- Water Hardness: Neutral
- Water Region: Bottom – Middle
- How many?: They do best in pairs or groups. Larger aquariums can support multiple groups
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest NLS Cichlid pellets or sera granuar