The Electric Blue Ram is a spectacular variant of the German Blue Ram!
- Scientific Name:Microgeophagus ramerizi var.
- Common Name: Electric Blue Ram
- Geographic Origin: South America
- Habitat: Almost any type of aquarium is suitable for these wonderful creatures. They Love a planted tank!
- Gender Difference: Females have a pink or red blush on the abdomen and are slightly smaller than males.
- Breeding: Sometimes will dig a pit and lay eggs there.
- Temperament: Peaceful but territorial
- Maximum Size: 3″
- Temperature: 78-85 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 5.5 – 7.0
- Water Hardness: Very Soft to Soft
- Water Region: Bottom to Middle
- How many?: They do well in pairs. Larger aquariums can support multiple groups
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest NLS Cichlid pellets and freeze dried foods.