Green Neon Tetras should be kept in groups of 6 or more (12 is ideal).
The Paracheirodon simulans is a not your typical Neon Tetra!
Green Neon Tetras Display a Brilliant Blue stripe and very little red coloration.
- Scientific Name: Paracheirodon simulans
- Common Name: Green Neon Tetra, false neon tetra, blue neon tetra
- Geographic Origin: South America
- Habitat: Right at home in a planted tank
- Gender Difference: none
- Breeding: Spawns on the undersides of large leaves
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 1″
- Temperature: 75°F – 84°F
- pH: 4 – 7
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: Large groups of 12 or more is ideal
- Diet: Omnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula