We recommend adding the Microrasbora to your aquarium in groups of 6 or more.
These fish have been at our facility for at least 1 month. As with all of our fish we make sure they are eating pellet foods and are free of diseases before we sell them. In-fact, all of our fish are quarantined for at least 1 -2 weeks before being sold! This “microrasbora” is the species Boraras naevus
- Scientific Name: Boraras naevus, (Boraras micros)
- Common Name: Microrasbora
- Geographic Origin: peninsular Thailand
- Habitat: Right at home in a planted tank
- Gender Difference: Adult males are more intensely red
- Breeding: Egg Scatterer
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: .75″
- Temperature: 77 – 82 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 6.5 – 7.0
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium Hard
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: These fish prefer to live in schools. A group of 6 or more is best.
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula or a powdered food.