The Red Lizard Catfish is a beautiful fish with mysterious origins.
- Scientific Name: Rineloricaria sp. (L010A)
- Common Name: L010a, Red Lizard Catfish, Red Whiptail Catfish, Red Lizard Whiptail Plecostomus
- Geographic Origin: South America
- Habitat: Almost any type of aquarium is suitable for these wonderful creatures.
- Gender Difference: Males grow short spines in the top of their heads and pectoral fins.
- Breeding: Male will guard the eggs in a cave or tube.
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 4″
- Temperature: 72-78 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 6.8 – 7.4
- Water Hardness: Soft to Medium
- Water Region: Bottom and anywhere it can find algae especially driftwood.
- How many?: They do well in colonies and are not territorial.
- Diet: Scavenger – We suggest sinking wafer foods such as NLS H20 Stable Wafers or sera Catfish Chips
Find more information about the Red Lizard Catfish.