The Red Rose Discus is a stunning fish!
All of the Discus from Oddball Pets are quarantined as well as put through a rigorous “decontamination” process before being sold. ALL of the discus we sell are free of parasites and bacterial infections. We only sell Discus that are extremely healthy and robust.
Our discus (like ALL of the fish we sell) have never been dyed or have hormones added in any way.
We keep our Red Rose Discus at the following parameters:
6.8 – 7.0 PH
1/3 tank water change each day
2 times a day feeding (Frozen Blood Worms, NLS Pellets)
- Scientific Name: Pterophyllum sp.
- Common Name: Red Rose Discus
- Geographic Origin: South America (domestic captive variant)
- Habitat: A proper discus habitat is required, but do VERY well in planted aquariums!
- Breeding: Lays eggs on sloped surfaces
- Temperament: Peaceful but territorial
- Maximum Size: 6 “
- Temperature: 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Water Hardness: Very Soft to Soft
- Water Region: Middle to Top
- How many?: Groups of 3 or more of similar sized fish
- Diet: Omnivore – We suggest NLS Cichlid pellets
More great information about Red Rose Discus can be found here
Here is a video of some 4″ Discus we’ve had in stock.