The Super Red Severum is an outstanding Aquarium Inhabitant. They are easy to keep and breed but require a large aquarium. Since they are a variant form of the Gold Severum the juveniles can have a golden hue that fades as they mature.
- Scientific Name: Heros severus, (Cichlasoma severum)
- Common Name: Super Red Severum, Red Severum, Red Spotted Severum
- Geographic Origin: South America
- Habitat: Large Aquarium with appropriately sized friends.
- Breeding: Lays eggs and cares for fry.
- Temperament: Moderately aggressive
- Maximum Size: 8-10″
- Temperature: 72-86 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 6.0 – 7.5
- Water Hardness: Very Soft to Hard
- Water Region: Bottom to Middle
- How many?: They do well in groups. Larger aquariums can support multiple groups
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest NLS Cichlid pellets or sera granuar