The Blue Hippo Tang is a great addition to almost any Marine or Reef Aquarium! These guys are SO colorful!
- Scientific Name: Paracanthurus hepatus
- Common Name: Blue Tang, Blue Hippo Tang, Hippo Tang
- Geographic Origin: Fiji, Indonesia, Maldives, Solomon Islands
- Habitat: Reef friendly
- Gender Difference: None
- Temperament: Somewhat aggressive to other surgeonfish
- Maximum Size: 12″
- How many?: One can be kept in a 125 gallon (or larger) aquarium
- Diet: Herbivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum AlgaeMax Medium.