A variant of the most popular shrimp in the freshwater hobby today, the Carbon Rili Shrimp is an awesome variety of (Neocaridina davidi). It is not only fun to watch scurry about, but surprisingly easy to keep and breed with the proper parameters. These Carbon Rili Shrimp are 100% Oddball Pets raised. Carbon Rili Shrimp are selectively bred from a Red Cherry shrimp.
- Scientific Name: Neocaridina davidi var. carbon rili
- Common Name: Carbon Rili Shrimp
- Geographic Origin: Tawain
- Habitat: These shrimp love to live in planted tanks but will also thrive in a bare bottom tank. Clean water is the most important aspect of keeping these or any shrimp. The Carbon Rili Shrimp is one of the easiest shrimp to care for and the hardiest
- Gender Difference: Monomorphic – The females are larger and will have a curved underbelly as well as a darker appearance. These differences are visible when full grown.
- Breeding: Females carry eggs until after hatching
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Maximum Size: .75 – 1″
- Temperature: < 84 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 6.0-8.2
- Water Hardness: Soft to Medium
- Water Region: Bottom and anywhere it can climb
- How many?: They do well in colonies and they will be much more visible this way. They can be kept individually or in small groups as well.
- Diet: Scavenger – We suggest sinking wafer foods such as Hikari Shrimp Cuisine with treats of algae wafers.