Crystal Red Shrimp are amazingly colorful little creatures!
Sometimes referred to as the CRS, our Crystal Red Shrimp have a “grade” value from “SS” – “A”.
- Scientific Name: Caridina cantonensis sp. “Red”
- Common Name: Crystal Red Shrimp (CRS)
- Geographic Origin: Japan
- Habitat: These shrimp love to live in planted tanks but will also thrive in a bare bottom tank. Clean water is the most important aspect of keeping these or any shrimp. The CRS is a little more challenging to breed but with a little effort its not hard at all!
- Gender Difference: Monomorphic – The females are larger and will have a curved underbelly. These differences are visible when full grown.
- Breeding: Females carry eggs until after hatching
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 1″
- Temperature: < 80 degrees Fahrenheit!!!
- pH: 6.0-7
- Water Hardness: Soft to Medium
- Water Region: Bottom and anywhere it can climb
- How many?: They do well in colonies and they will be much more visible this way. They can be kept individually or in small groups as well.
- Diet: Scavenger – We suggest sinking wafer foods such as Hikari Shrimp Cuisine with treats of algae wafers.
You can get some more info about Crystal Red Shrimp here
Check out the video below to see some of the Crystal Red Shrimp you are buying!