The Cardinal Tetra should be kept in groups of 6 or more (12 is ideal).
The Paracheirodon axelrodi is a striking community fish that will add insane color in your aquarium! The Cardinal Tetra that we sell are 100% Captive raised and NOT wild caught. They are larger and more robust than wild caught or even captive conditioned Cardinals. If you would like to add Cardinal Tetras to your aquarium THESE are the ones to buy!
- Scientific Name: Paracheirodon axelrodi
- Common Name: Cardinal Tetra
- Geographic Origin: South America
- Habitat: Right at home in a planted tank
- Gender Difference: none
- Breeding: Spawns on the undersides of large leaves
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 1″
- Temperature: 73°F – 84°F
- pH: 4 – 7.5
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: Large groups of 12 or more is ideal
- Diet: Omnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula