The Gold Neon Tetra should be kept in groups of 6 or more (12 is ideal).
The Paracheirodon innesi is a not your typical Neon Tetra!
Gold Neon Tetra Display a Brilliant Blue stripe with no red coloration.
- Scientific Name: Paracheirodon innesi
- Common Name: Green Neon Tetra, false neon tetra, blue neon tetra
- Geographic Origin: South America
- Habitat: Right at home in a planted tank
- Gender Difference: none
- Breeding: Spawns on the undersides of large leaves
- Temperament: Very Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 1.5″
- Temperature: 68°F – 82°F
- pH: 5 – 7
- Water Hardness: Soft-Medium
- Water Region: Middle
- How many?: Large groups of 12 or more is ideal
- Diet: Omnivore – We suggest small sinking pellets such as New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula