The Sparkling gourami is a beautiful little gourami that loves planted aquariums! They sparkle with red, green, and blue and have blue eyes!
The Pygmy gourami are not really schooling fish, but they can usually be kept peacefully in small groups of 3 or more.
- Scientific Name: Trichopsis pumila
- Common Name: Sparkling gourami, Pygmy gourami
- Geographic Origin: Southeast Asia
- Habitat: They Love a planted tank!
- Breeding: Bubble Nest Builder
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 1.6″
- Temperature: 77-83 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH: 6.0 – 7.5
- Water Hardness: Very Soft to Medium
- Water Region: Middle to Top
- How many?: Groups of 3 or more of similar sized fish
- Diet: Omnivore ~ We recommend and feed NLS Small Fish Formula
More great info about the Sparkling gourami can be found here